The Rural Financial Counselling Service provides farmers, fishing enterprises, forest growers and harvesters and related small business owners across Australia with advice if their business is experiencing, or is at risk of financial hardship.

They can help with:

  • identifying financial and business options
  • developing an action plan
  • negotiations with lenders
  • applications for Farm Household Allowance
  • referrals to other professional services including accountants, agricultural advisors, education, or counselling.

Rural financial counsellors do not give family, emotional or social counselling or financial advice. But they can refer you to other professional services, including accountants, agricultural advisors, education services, and mental health support.

Check the service provider page to find your nearest rural financial counsellor.