COVID-19: Find information and support for business on our coronavirus page.

CWA of Victoria Drought Relief Program

The CWA of Victoria Drought Relief Program provides funding to drought affected farm businesses and farm workers, located in eligible areas, to help them meet urgent household expenses.


What do you get?

Funding of up to $3000.

Who is this for?

Farm businesses, farm workers and farming dependent contractors in an eligible area.


This program provides funding to help meet urgent household expenses, including:

  • residential rates
  • groceries and food
  • school expenses
  • rent
  • household bills (electricity, gas, water)
  • telephone
  • urgent dental and medical

Only 1 payment is available per eligible farming family.

What are the eligibility criteria?

To be eligible, you must be:

  • a property owner, share farmer or lease holder
  • employed by a farming business
  • a farming dependent contractor
  • located in one of the following eligible area
    • Wellington and East Gippsland Shires
    • Far North west Victoria — the Millewa
    • Goulburn Murray Irrigation District

How do you apply?

Find out more about eligibility and how to apply at CWA of Victoria Drought Relief Program.