COVID-19: Find the update to the JobKeeper Payment announced this morning and other support for business on our coronavirus page. If your business is based in Victoria, you can find information about business restrictions on Business Victoria’s website. ×

Fee and Licence Relief NSW

The NSW government is waiving a range of licence and permit fees for businesses for 12 months.

Application detail:

Apply at any time.

What do you get?

A range of licence and permit fee waivers.

Who is this for?

New South Wales businesses.


The following fees and licences are eligible:

Liquor and Gaming NSW

Restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs, hotels, bottle shops (with three or less outlets) and most other licensed venues will benefit from the following being waived:

  • new liquor licence application fees and pro-rata liquor licence fees
  • annual liquor licence base fees and trading hours risk loading fees
  • compliance risk loadings are not included but will be deferred and included as part of 2021-2022 annual liquor licence fees

Fee waivers for these licences start from 1 April.

NSW Fair Trading

The following fees will be waived:

From 1 April:

  • paintball venue permit
  • tattoo parlour operator licence

From 15 April:

  • home building contractor licence
  • trade or specialist contractor licence
  • motor vehicle repairer specialist licence

From 20 April:

  • licence fee for tattooists
  • home building: qualified supervisor certificates
  • home building: tradesperson certificates
  • motor vehicle tradesperson certificates

SafeWork NSW

From 1 April 2020 new application and renewal fees will be waived for:

  • pyrotechnician licences (e.g. fireworks)
  • registration permits for an amusement device

From 15 April 2020 new application and renewal fees will be waived for:

  • asbestos removal licences and asbestos assessor licences
  • demolition licences
  • high-risk worker licences

From 20 April 2020 new applications and renewal fees will be waived for:

  • High Risk Work Assessor Accreditation
  • SafeWork Registered Training Organisations (for asbestos, construction and high risk work training) – new applications only

How do you apply?

You can find out more about eligibility and how to apply at COVID-19 Fee and Licence Relief NSW.

Contact information