Employment Assistance Fund

The Employment Assistant Fund provides workers with a disability with funding for workplace modifications, equipment or services they need to perform their job.
Application detail:

Applications may be made at any time.

What do you get?

Funding varies.

Who is this for?

Workers with a disability or mental health condition.


The Employment Assistance Fund (EAF) helps people with disabilities and mental health conditions to buy work related modifications and services.

The EAF is available to people with disability who are about to start a job or who are currently working, as well as people who need help to find and prepare for a job. It is also available to people with disability who are self-employed, and jobseekers who need Auslan assistance, or special work equipment to look for and prepare for a job.

The EAF provides funding for work related modifications and services including:

  • the cost of modifications to the physical work environment
  • modifications to work vehicles
  • special equipment for the workplace
  • information and communication devices
  • Auslan interpreting
  • specialist services for employees with specific learning disorders and mental health conditions
  • disability awareness training
  • deafness awareness training
  • mental health first aid training.

Check if you can apply

To be eligible for the EAF, the person with disability must:

  • be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • be currently in a job that is expected to continue for 13 weeks or more
  • be working at least eight hours per week, or 20 hours per week if self-employed
  • have an ongoing disability that has lasted, or will last at least two years. Your disability must limit, restrict or impair your ability to work.

An EAF application can be submitted by:

  • an employer of a person with disability
  • an employee with disability
  • a self-employed worker with disability
  • a job seeker who requires Auslan Level 2 assistance or who requires work related assistive technology or special work equipment to look for and prepare for a job
  • a Disability Employment Services provider, jobactive provider, or a Community Development Programme provider on behalf of their participant or participant's employer.

A person may also apply for EAF assistance on behalf of someone with disability as their nominee.

Apply now

Apply for the Employment Assistance Fund

Find out more about your eligibility and how to apply.

Learn how to apply

Contact information

Was this page helpful?