If you are a researcher and want to apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant without forming a company, you can apply through:

  • an Eligible Partner Entity
  • a Research Commercialisation Entity of a university or of another Publicly Funded Research Organisation (PFRO)

Research Commercialisation Entities

A Research Commercialisation Entity is part of a PFRO or an eligible corporation controlled by one or more PFROs. They assist researchers to commercialise their intellectual property (IP).

PFROs include:

  • Australian higher education providers listed in the Higher Education Support Act 2003
  • federal, state and territory government departments or agencies which undertake publicly funded research

If a research organisation is not a PFRO they can apply to be an Eligible Partner Entity.

Eligible Partner Entities

What is an Eligible Partner Entity?

An Eligible Partner Entity is an Australian organisation whose primary focus is research, but they also assist researchers to commercialise their IP. One example of an Eligible Partner Entity is a private research institute that does not meet the definition of a PFRO.

How do I become an Eligible Partner Entity?

To learn more about the process to become an Eligible Partner Entity and to request an application form, email ACGrants@industry.gov.au.

The Program Delegate must approve your Eligible Partner Entity application.

Registered Eligible Partner Entities

Our current registered Eligible Partner Entities are:

  • The Australian Wine Research Institute Ltd
  • The Burnet Institute
  • The George Institute for Global Health
  • The Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
  • The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
  • Medvet Science Pty Ltd
  • Brien Holden Vision Institute

Was this page helpful?