Transport-related Drought Assistance QLD

Various transport-related drought assistance measures are available to primary producers whose property has been drought-declared.
Application detail:

Apply at any time.

What do you get?

Various support measures.

Who is this for?

Queensland primary producers.


Primary producers whose properties have been drought declared may be eligible for various vehicle registration, exemptions and waivers, including:

  • concessional registration
  • 3-month registration renewal pay term
  • surcharge and late fee exemptions
  • seasonal registration deferment
  • carting water with farm plate concession vehicle
  • fodder transport with primary producer concession
  • certificate of inspection fee waivers
  • heavy vehicle permits and exemptions.

Check if you can apply

To be eligible for these drought assistance measures, your property must have been drought declared through either:

  • an individual droughted property declaration
  • a regional council/shire declaration.

For any assistance measures to be applied to a vehicle, you must also :

  • be a registered operator of the vehicle
  • be a primary producer
  • garage the vehicle within a drought-declared area or property
  • be using the vehicle only for primary production or private purposes.

Apply now

Apply for the Transport-related Drought Assistance QLD

Find out more about your eligibility and how to apply.

Learn how to apply

Contact information

Was this page helpful?